Wednesday, January 19, 2022


Have you noticed the daylight lasting longer...it comes earlier in the morning and stays later in the evening.  So nice.  It's not sunny out but the temperature is in the high 30's and forecast to be in the mid 40's this afternoon.  The snow will probably be gone!

So did you take note of how you talk/think about yourself yesterday?  What did you find out?  When I first did this I realized that I didn't actually talk or write about myself in negative terms very often BUT I did think in more negative terms about myself.  It was actually an eye-opener for me.

I would catch myself thinking...'that was stupid'...or 'now why did you do that, you knew it wouldn't work'.  Ring any bells for you?

The alternative was almost totally absent.  I realized that I never congratulated myself when I accomplished something or did something that I really didn't want to do but did it anyway like exercise.  Did you have similar findings?

It's been established (and even common sense would agree) that the more you think of yourself in negative terms the lower self esteem you have.  And likewise, the less you think about yourself in positive terms, results in lower self esteem.

So for the next couple of days, when you find yourself talking/thinking of yourself in negative terms, stop, and tell/think about something that is positive about yourself.  For instance, if you find yourself thinking how badly you are at doing something, STOP.  Tell yourself that you are proud that you tried.  

As a matter of fact, congratulate yourself when you do something small like making a bed, or washing dishes, or finishing your morning routine, or answering mail at work.  

Sounds silly, doesn't it.  But, it works.  When you find yourself thinking in positive terms about yourself, not only does your self esteem rise, but also your outlook on the world.  You will probably even smile more!

Talk with you tomorrow...

Equal voting rights for everyone is needed to keep our Democracy!