Thursday, July 7, 2022

July 7: Summer Enjoyment


Isn't this double tiger lily beautiful.  I took the picture at the park where my youngest son is going to get married next May...in Danbury, Connecticut.

I also met his future in-laws who were absolutely wonderful...and 'cat' people like me...as well as cosy mystery readers and BBC mystery watchers.  Can one ask for anything better?  Not me...it was a pleasure to meet them.

After the meeting and lunch, we then traveled from one side of the state to the other side of the Hudson to look at a house and then back across the river to see another house.  By the time we were finished, it was late and I was totally exhausted.  That's a long way to get around to saying I didn't have the time or energy to post a blog yesterday.

We were out to look at a two houses this morning...well, we had the wrong address (including the town) so we were late to the first house and could not see the second one.  And the first house was so bad it we didn't even go in...no place to park even SnowWhite.  I do wonder about the realtor at times but then I am not purchasing the house so I am only along for the ride.

And tomorrow we are supposed to check out several more houses in the area...this really is getting old!

So Thursday's focus is miscellaneous but I thought I would throw out a couple book selections since I missed yesterday's post.

I know I suggested keeping the reading light during the summer but I have been reading two books that I have enjoyed and want to let you know about them.  

The first is 'Sacred Earth, Sacred Soul:  Celtic Wisdom for Reawakening To What Our Souls Know and Healing The World.' by John Philip Newell.  I like the first sentence of his introduction...

"We know things in the core of our being that we have not necessarily been taught, and some of this deep knowing may actually be at odds with what our society or religion has tried to teach us.  This book is about reawakening to what we know in the depths of our being, that the earth is sacred and that this sacredness is at the heart of every human being and life-form."

If this sounds like something that may interest you, find a copy (my came from the library) and read it.

The second book that I am reading is 'Just Us:  An American Conversation' by Claudia Rankine.  This book is a finalist for the 2021 Andrew Carnegie Medal for Excellence in Nonfiction.  Claudia Rankine is a poet, essayist and playwright.  Just Us completes her groundbreaking trilogy, following Don't Let Me Be Lonely and Citizen.

That's all for today, talk with you tomorrow...