Friday, March 1, 2024

March 1, 2024

The first day of the third month of the year.  Does time seem to be flying by for you?  There are days when it feels that way for me!

It's a bit cool today...a high of 50.  There is sun but there are also clouds.  No rain today but it's supposed to rain all day tomorrow.

I looked and there are no spring flowers peeking up yet.  Next week with all the warm temperatures, there should be some even though it is a bit early for here.

So I finished quilting and trimming all the quilt blocks for my next quilt...


There are 16 square blocks and four stripped blocks.  Next putting them together.  As there are no borders on the blocks, I can't use the regular method.  So what I decided to do is to place the blocks up against each other and zigzag them together first as you can see in the photos...

It actually worked better and was easier than I thought it would be.  I plan on sewing pairs together first, then the pairs together and finally the rows together.  There are four blocks in each row.

Next I will add the border of black fabric to each zigzagged seam.  I will pin the edge of the border next to the seam on both sides, sew down one side.  Flip the fabric border over to the other block, adding a finished edge, on both sides, pin and stitch.

As this is the first day of the month, it's a good time to take stock of the goals you set and evaluate how you are doing.  Are you still working on them?  Do any need to be eliminated?

I am doing fairly well but I have decided to eliminate one goal and that is finishing setting up the Etsy Shop.  Etsy has changed things and I no longer think that it is the right place for me.

On the plus side, I am finishing up organizing the packed boxes in the lower level so that is going faster than I thought.

That's it for this week.  Have a great weekend.  Talk with you later.