Thursday, March 14, 2024

March 14, 2024

I took the picture to the right yesterday when I went out front to pick up the mail.  So it looks like some flowers are starting to grow.  It was quite warm yesterday and today is forecast to be warmer!

All the rain has disappeared from the forecast!  Only bright and sunny days for the next ten days although it will probably change.

I decided that since we are going to stay here a while longer, I wanted to hang up some of my fabric creations.  I was auditioning some to hang in the living room.  As there are no large walls available, I am looking at smaller pieces including these...





I have a few more that I am considering and will share those tomorrow.  I need to add sleeves on the back of a couple of these but it will be easy to do so.

Speaking of fabric or textiles, there is a free textile talk on line every Wednesday afternoon hosted by several quilt organizations and quilt artists organizations.  The talks are wide ranging...yesterday's was on fabric artists and AI and it was very, very enlightening.  If you're interested, google textile talks and get on their email list.  They will send out who is featured and a place to register (at no cost).  The talks are around an hour long and well worth it. 

I don't know about you, but I have yet to adjust to the time change.  I wake up in the middle of the night and it takes an hour or longer to get back to sleep!  Wish they would pick one time and stay with it all year long.

The next two weekends in New York are designated sugaring weekends and most farms are open between 10am and 4pm for visitors to check out their maple sugarhouses.  If the weather is nice check out a farm near you to see sugarhouses in operation.  

That's it for now...have a great day...talk with you later...