Tuesday, March 5, 2024

March 5, 2024

This picture is from last year...none of them have blossomed yet.  It is in the high 40's but cloudy and wet.  Yep, rain is forecast for the next three days, then a day off and two more days of rain.  Wonder if this is the norm from now on?

So, I posted Chip's picture yesterday.  He was slowing down but he had a stroke and there was no coming back from that situation.  But considering how long he lived with me, he was part of the family and I think he had a long and wonderful life.

I finished the quilt I showed you last week...


I finished the binding since taking these photos...it's black and matches the borders between blocks.

This was a try-out quilt...in other words, I had never finished the blocks before putting them together and I wanted to make a bigger quilt using this technique.  There were many mistakes but it was a learning experience and I think I know how to avoid my mistakes.

For instance, I need to avoid having bias on the edge of the blocks.  And I need to stitch around the edges of the finished blocks to help maintain their shape.  I also need to take more care when quilting to make sure the backing remains straight.

But now that I have tried this once, I feel that I can be far more successful with the next quilt.

That's it for today...talk with you later...