Wednesday, March 6, 2024

March 6, 2024

Nope, this is a picture again from last year.  No spring flowers yet.

Today is going to be warm, in the mid to high 50's but with 85% rain beginning this afternoon...that's me sighing!

I was going through a file of old books that I was keeping and found a couple to save.

I love crafts...if you haven't figured that out yet, you haven't been paying attention.  At any rate I found an old craft book.  It was published in 1941.  Check this out...

One of the pages details how to work with paper and fabric...

 

What's old is new again...I remember tie dyeing being really popular in the 60's.  And marbling paper has bee popular for the last decade.

I also found an old song book...

This was published in 1915 and has over 200 songs with music, readings and rounds...

Some of the songs I remember hearing and singing as a child but there are many that are cute but I have never heard.  These two books are ones I will be saving!

Remember how I am storing journaling supplies in plastic pages in a binder?  Well, the binder is full...

It's a one and one-half inch binder so it's not small.  I plan on picking up two more binders this size along with plastic pockets with zippers so I can put in larger items.

I have to tell you that there are many items that I had in drawers but completely forgot about...it will be fun to use these in new junk journals!  This is actually the best method of storing items for me.

That's it for today...talk with you later...