Friday, March 29, 2024

This is another of the spring flowers that popped up this year.  It did rain most of yesterday but today is supposed to be sunny and in the mid 50's.  

Again, no place yesterday in the parking lot of Goodwill.  So I will try again today.  

There's not too much on my to-do list today - a bit of cleaning, taking care of the indoor plants and get the kitchen set up for cooking tomorrow.

Tomorrow is when I will make the spinach pies, kibbe, baklava and boil some eggs.  Sunday, I will be able to take it easy and my son will finish the meal with ham, gravy, potatoes, etc.

So I had fun with some fabric scraps yesterday.  I made a butterfly...

It's really easy.  First draw a butterfly or any other shape you want to use (Maybe an egg shape for Easter!) and trace the outline with a marker so the outline shows on both sides of the paper...

Next, lay fabric scraps covering the entire shape.  Use a few dots of glue to hold the fabric scraps in place...
With the sewing machine, either sew around all the edges of the scraps or just meander all over which is what I did.  You can use any color thread when doing this...I used a gold thread.  

Once done, turn to the back of the paper and cut out the design.  After cutting it out, with the sewing machine, zigzag around the edges to hold all the fabric in place.

You can add it to a junk journal, or add it to a fabric art piece.  If desired, add some batting and a fabric back...

I'm still doodling.  I enjoy taking a few minutes in the morning and in the evening doodling because it is a relaxing activity for me...
For those of you who celebrate, I wish you a Happy and Enjoyable Easter spent with family and friends. 

That's it for this week...have a wonderful and relaxing weekend...