Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Best laid plans...mine went astray yesterday.  Seems I had a one day wonder...basically a very upset stomach.  As a result, I didn't get much done.  Here's hoping that I don't have a repeat today!

It's forecast to be warm and sunny today with no rain so I want to work in the garden.  It rained all day Sunday so yesterday it was too wet to work outside anyway.

And rain is forecast for the next four days so I really need to work in the garden today.  Sunday, in the rain and along with a ton of other folks, we went to a nursery and picked up a couple dozen seedlings which all need to get planted.

And, we weren't sure how the transplants from large tomato plants in the grow tent would survive, but they are all doing great with lots and lots of flowers.   We had actually planted two plants per very large pot but realized that two was too many, thus the transplants.

"Those April Showers, that come your way; They bring you flowers that bloom in May!  So if it's raining, have no regrets;  It isn't raining rain, you know, it's raining violets!"  Remember this song?  It was written more than a hundred years ago and was very popular.  

I keep wondering if they had as much rain then as we have had in our area now.  I can't remember a time in the past several months where there was a four day stretch with no rain.  Is this it going forward?  If so, we may all be swept away with water...and forget about basements!

Four weeks minus one day before I leave for the west.  Time still seems to fly by way too fast.  I plan on posting while out west, but probably not on the trip as I will be driving SnowWhite.  I'm looking forward to the drive.

That's it for now...have a great day...