Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Woke up to a very dark and dreary morning...followed by heavy rain showers.  No thunder, though.  Haven't heard thunder yet this year.  It's forecast to be 80 this afternoon...wet and hot!  Think I will wait until tomorrow to work in the garden...that is if the rain stops on occasion.  

I did manage to plant several more plants yesterday including clawing at the dirt to find some area in which the winter squash and pickling cucumbers may grow.  Not sure if they will as the yard is full of rocks and roots which our landlord found out when he tried to till it.

So today will be filled with errands to run, packages to mail, groceries to pick up, etc.  Those along with making dinner...oven roasted veggies and protein.  

I've finished listening to the first two books in Elizabeth George's Inspector Lynley series...starting the third this morning.  

I'm not sure why, but I am still trying to make the small rag dolls.  I am getting better but I would like them to be a bit neater.  I do add an under garment to cover up my hand sewing which is not bad, just not good enough.  Curious, though, as to why I am working on making them...

I think the house painter has finished although some of his ladders are still here so there may be some trim work to be done.  The house does look nice.  The shutters on the front were in terrible shape so they were not put back but the shutters on the back of the house were put back on as they were is fairly decent shape.  Not sure why the difference.

Well, I am off...have a great day...talk with you later...