Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Wet Day...

Or should I say, another wet day?

Today is my book discussion day with a friend so my plans were to stay around the trailer and do some housekeeping.   What type of housekeeping, you ask? 

Well, because it is so darn hot for this time of year...AND because I really did not bring too many 'summer things', I am altering some clothing.   (Actually, I don't even own summer clothing for the south.  You have to understand that summer clothing for the north is more like winter clothing for the south...get the picture!!!!)

Now, next, you have to understand that I normally do not wear shorts.   But, due to the heat, I have made three pair of jeans/pants into shorts.   And I have made three long-sleeve shirts into very short sleeve shirts.  All six pieces I even hemmed nicely. 

But that does not count the jeans and sweatshirt that I just cut off and didn't hem.   Not only did I cut off the pants to make shorts, I cut off the arms, waistband and neckband of the sweatshirt.  Do you think it is hot enough???????

Then after completing that task, I reshuffled my storage areas so that I could put the blankets and coats away and move the lighter weight clothing to the front closet for easy access.  All this while it rained constantly with a little thunder and lightening thrown in.

The rest of the day I have been learning how to use my Bamboo.   It's a drawing tool that I've had for a while but really haven't taken the time to learn how to use.   Little did I know that it came with Adobe Elements...so there's another steep learning curve that I am trying to conquer.   I think I need snowshoes and ski poles for this one!!!!
 
Here are a couple more pictures from Savannah.

I noticed that they used mules a lot more than horses in the south.   Around Central Park in NYC it's mostly horses...

And a few more from the river drive...

Tomorrow is Charleston...rain or no rain...heat or no (Oh forget it, it's going to be hot and that's all there is to it!!!).

Thanks for visiting...

Enjoy your evening...