Thursday, March 22, 2012

Charleston, At Last!!!

I left early this morning...well, early for me, that is.   Dodged the raindrops all the way to Charleston...not so lucky on the way back.   It rained so hard that my windshield wipers had a hard time keeping the window clear.

But before the heavens opened up to wash the earth, I did get a few pictures.   The Battery area was grand...

And some of the grand old ladies (homes) looked beautiful.   Actually, I think they look better than the last time I visited Charleston.   I wonder how many hurricanes they have survived?  Here are just a few...

The flowers in the park were almost spent, but I did fine one batch of azaleas...

Walking down the backstreet and alleys always promises unique pictures.  Here's one especially
narrow alley...

And a few of the backstreet shots...

Still raining!!!   I feel like a duck!!!   And the next two days look like more rain, especially Saturday when the big storm that's making it's way across the country hits here...fun.   Just what I need!!!

Thanks for spending some time here.

Have a great evening...sit back and relax...