Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Savannah Pictures

I enjoyed checking out different places in Savannah.   In all probability, I have just barely scratched the surface of things to see.  

The boulevard filled with azalea flowers and large trees dripping with spanish moss was beautiful.   By the way, this is what spanish moss looks like up close.  A piece was caught on my antenna and came back to the trailer with me...

And here are a few pictures of the boulevard...

And here are some pictures of the houses...

The old fort seems to be totally off limits, but the Pirate house apparently does a good business...

There are a lot of old warehouse type buildings on the riverfront which have been turned into stores on the first floor and apartments above.  

The road was quite rough because it was literally cobblestone...

While exploring this part of the river, I saw a small ship come in, followed by a tug boat (Note the bridge behind it) as well as the tour paddle boats on the river...

All in all, it was a pleasant - but warm - day and I saw many sites in Savannah. 

Every time I plan to head to Charleston, something happens.   I'm hoping that the third time's the charm.   Then I can share some sites of Charleston with you.

Thanks for dropping in...