Thursday, September 27, 2012

TIME! & NEWSPAPERS!

Okay, I give.   My time is just running away from me.   Remember those scenes in old movies to describe the passage of time...sheets printed with the dates get ripped off and disappear...well, that's the way my days have gone.   Heck, forget days...try weeks!!!

I'm still in the trailer and today was 'take care of the trailer' day.   Things like getting propane, emptying holding tanks, changing light bulbs, checking the electrical system, etc.  But I got it all done!

And then the e-mails - I was gone yesterday so didn't get to them - all 171 of them!  AND over half needed responses!!!

So now you know what my day has been like.   Enough of time.

As I was recycling a newspaper a few weeks ago, I asked myself a question...what sort of inexpensive crafts could I do with newspaper.   So, I've been on a newspaper craft creating jag and I thought I would begin to share them with you.

First a wreath.   I stacked four sheets of newspaper together and cut out leaves, free-hand...nothing fancy...about 50 sets.   Using Mod Podge and a brush, I glued the leaves together and immediately trimmed them up.  I also brushed Mod Podge on the top leaf.   Then I let the 'leaves' dry...

Next, I took a light weight wire hanger and formed a circle...

I then covered the wire with plastic bags first and then using newspaper strips covered the plastic bags securing with tape...

Finally, using a low temp glue gun, I added the leaves and flower...

Now, not everyone likes newsprint, so to change it I added paint in a very haphazard way.   When the paint was dry, I sprayed the wreath with spray Mod Podge...


Supplies:   Newspaper, hanger, Mod Podge both bottle and spray, assorted acrylic paints, paint brushes, scissors, pliers and wire cutter (for forming the wire hanger).

I used very little Mod Podge - both types - and have lots left over for other projects.   The acrylic paints I used were inexpensive student quality paints in green, yellow, orange, red, black and white.  I used very little of each color.  Left-over paints would work well.

Thankfully, the NFL owners decided to settle with the refs ending the lockout.   The games have not been called very well with the replacement refs.   More injuries and missed or incorrect calls - like Monday night!

Well,  that's all for today...

Thanks for visiting...