Monday, December 17, 2012

Lawyer's Shelves

I have a very, very old set of lawyer's shelves.   I always decorate them for the holidays by removing the everyday items and replacing with decorations.   This year I kept it simple.   The top shelf was dedicated to my Scrooge Village.



The next shelf has my Precious Moments  Creche...



The next two shelves contain my Mistletoe Village...


Many years I add fresh greens and other decorations, but this year, I wanted to keep the displays simple.    Believe it or not, I have four other village decorations which I will share later on.

The events of late last week still weigh heavy on my mind.   All those parents who have lost little ones as well as the loved ones of the adults who came to the children's aid...   It seems unfathomable to me.   My prayers go out to all involved including the responders who had to deal with the situation.    

My hope is that we come together as a nation and actually do something to try to prevent these senseless mass shootings.   Things like financing our mental health system which is woefully deficient.   And putting in place gun laws that regulate the safety of our nation.  

May our holidays still celebrate the meaning of the season.   And let's hold our loved ones a little closer.   But send a prayer to those who can only hold their loved ones in their hearts....

Thanks for stopping by...