Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Remind Me When It's Dry...

Guess what?  It's raining, it's pouring - what's the rest of that saying?   They're calling for thunderstorms later today...(sigh)!

Remember my herbs?   Well, two of the three planters are doing well but the basil planter is in bad shape.   I lost the regular basil plant and the globe basil doen't look too well.   The peppermint basil is the only one that has survived.   Too  much water.   I even put them under the benches so they wouldn't get totally drown...


Remind me of all the rain when we hit a dry spell this summer...

I can't remember if I showed this before.   But I picked up a quilt floor rack in pristine shape at a thrift store for pennies.   I finally pulled out some quilts to display.   These quilts were made by my grandma on a treadle machine...

I had to run some errands this morning and stopped by another thrift store just to check things out.   I found some baskets - I love baskets - and lots of books on sale.   Normally, I would use my reading app and purchase the books, but these are even cheaper than that, so I decided to get some summer reading.   I love mysteries...

The baskets were a couple bucks each and the books were 99 cents and less.   Can't beat that!!!

So, my vacation has been put on hold until I get the truck checked out...is an Explorer a car or a truck?   I don't want to leave and have the transmission breakdown on the road.    First appointment that would be long enough is next week.   I'll go from there...

I have some more thoughts about things to do with my blog.   Readership is up quite a bit so I don't want to change things around too much.   And no, I am placing ads on my blog.   I'm thinking of adding some more workshops - free, of course.   What do you think?

Thanks for checking things out...

Enjoy the rest of the day...

Talk to you tomorrow...