Thursday, May 16, 2013

Wonky Houses Done

Well, I played around with the Wonky Houses picture some more and this is what I came up with...

I added some more detail to the trees which gave them more personality.   I really enjoy making these 'Wonky Houses'.   I see them in my future!!!

And speaking of future, I realized that I need to get busy preparing the trailer for vacation.   I took all the linens out today and am washing them.   I also took some time to see how to arrange things for crafting.   Have to take my crafts with me!

I like to create with my fabrics but I don't want to take the entire stash.   So, I am going to sort my fabrics by color.   This may take a bit of time.   Remember, my stash consists of fat quarters and smaller.    I think I have come up with a way to store them in the trailer...just want to try it out first.

Finally, I told you that I had decided to try a new diet.   It's really more of an eating plan and one which I feel I can follow basically the rest of my life.    Before I tell you about it, though, I want to remind you to check with your doctor if it is something you are thinking about trying. 

I heard about it on PBS.   It really isn't a diet to lose weight, but rather to create health in your body.   Losing weight seems to be a side-effect.   It's not fast but for the two months that I have been on it, it is constant.   Now that may change when I lose all the weight my body is comfortable losing, but for now...it's working well.   I lose between 1.5 and 2 pounds a week.   Like I said, not fast, not dramatic, but working.  

It became popular in Europe, especially England, but I really had not heard about it before.   Maybe I just missed reading about it.   At any rate, it is called the 5/2 diet.   So for five days, I eat normally, anything I want to eat.   I do not go hungry on those days, but I do not overeat to the point of feeling uncomfortable.

On the other non-consecutive two days, I count my calories and eat only 500 calories each day.  And remember to keep these two days separated.   If I remember right, if you do them next to each other, your body could go into 'starvation mode' and hold on to whatever it can.   Not good for dieting.

The other thing I do is weigh each morning with a good scale that gives me weight to the tenth.   So I may weigh 179.3 pounds instead of just 179.   For a lot of people, weighing everyday is not good.   It has been for me, though. 

One other thing that I do is exercise five days a week in the morning for at least one half hour...either aerobic or strength training.

That's all for today.   I'll let you know how things continue with my new eating plan...

Thanks for checking back...

See you tomorrow...weekend's coming soon...