Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Mini Adventure...

I had the distinct pleasure of spending the day exploring the area with a friend.   (A big relief from sorting those boxes!!)

Remember my fabric stash?

I didn't realized how little orange fabric there was...usually orange takes up a stack and a half and now it down to a half a stack.

So, one of the places we explored was a fabric shop, Cotton Weeds, in Freeport, Maine.   It's a very nice shop with lots and lots of orange.   And, you guessed it, I could not resist picking up some more orange and orangish pieces of fabric...
Aren't they just delicious.   I can see lots of fall pictures using these, can't you?   And, yes, I  do know that summer begins tomorrow...but, guess what, that just means that the first football scrimmage is less than a month away!!!

We also visited the DeLorme Map Place.   There's a big globe the rotates in the three story window...


It was warm enough to sit outside and enjoy a lunch.   Desert was a treat...fresh ice cream from a family farm where they milk the cows and make the ice cream themselves.   It's called Toots, located in Yarmouth, Maine. 

And if you're in the area, you need to stop by and enjoy the best ice cream I've tasted since making it with my family when I was a child...yes, it's that good.   And while you're there, you can walk around and visit the livestock...




Well, it's back to sorting...(sigh)...paper, anyone?

Thanks for checking in...

See you tomorrow and Happy Summer!