Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Studio/Office Redo Continuing

Yes, I am still working on redoing my studio/office.   Remember, this is how I placed the tables - in an L-shape...

I wanted to try and make it look less cluttered by putting a cover around the tables.  Of course, it would help if all the 'stuff' on top of the tables was put away...

I used a fabric drop cloth (you know, the type used for painting).   It goes around the outside of both tables including each end.   No, I didn't iron it...hope the wrinkles fall out.     (Note:   The fabric frays easily so I used a zig-zag stitch when hemming.)

I think it does look better without the view of all the stuff under the table.   It also gives me more room to store stuff like a box of newspapers which I am using to make newspaper yarn - yes, I am still working on that.   Bonus, I am getting better at it.

Here's today's index card...

So have you been up to anything fun lately?   I watched the final season of 'Closer' this weekend.   I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the show.   And it's really great to watch without commercials.

I've also been reading the latest Laura Child's mysteries - the Tea Shop series, the Scrapbook series and the Cackleberry series.    I really love mysteries, especially those written by female authors.   It's fun to read something for entertainment every once in a while instead always concentrating on the non-fiction books which I need to study. 

The weather has cooled down...and no rain.   Guess that means mowing tomorrow...

Thanks for spending some time here...

See you tomorrow...