Monday, August 24, 2015

ON MY WAY...A DAY LATE

Well, as I said in my last post...last Wednesday!!!...time is flying by.   But tomorrow, I will be on my way back to NYC.   A day late...some added appointments totally changed my schedule.   I will still make it home by the weekend...but, I have decided to skip Arches and the drive over the Rockies on 70. Taking 80 straight back.   At least I won't have to consult a map.   I just stay on 80 all the way, well, until I get to NYC.   Then I have to meander my way through the city down to my apartment.

So, there's a new weekly prompt posted...BIG ADVENTURES...little adventures.   The more I think about it, life really is one grand adventure.   Some good things.   Some not so good things.   Some fantastic things.   Some things I'd rather forget.   But all in all, it's my life and I'm loving it.

I probably won't be posting until I get back to NYC...but then, I will be leaving next Monday for Maine for a couple days.   Like I said, life is one adventure after another.  I will be putting in quite a few miles each day, but hopefully, I will spot a few unique places now and then to stop and take a picture.

Have you been planning anything for a fall 'new beginning'?   I have put a lot of thought into what I want to do and I have taken some concrete steps.   I will be attending the Quilter's Take Manhattan Event at the end of September.   And from that I hope to get involved in a few more fabric art opportunities available around the city.  

Traditional quilting is really not my thing.   I admire those folks who can create beautiful traditional quilts, but it's just not something I really enjoy.   However, I love making fabric art of all types from landscape to modern to experiential.   I am looking forward to making new connections as well as lots of inspiration.

Well, it's late and I need to get on the road early tomorrow.   Thanks for stopping in.   Talk to you soon...