Tuesday, September 8, 2015

VERMONT PICTURES AND MORE ON NEW BEGINNINGS

VERMONT PICTURES...
When I went up to Maine, I did so via Vermont.   I plan on visiting New England a couple more times this fall (Opps!  Should have put that on my list.) because I love that area of the country, especially when the leaves turn.

Anyway, I thought I would share a few photos.   First off, the Dear Jane Quilt which I stop and see everytime I am in Bennington, VT at the museum.   (Pictures without flash are permissible.)

The other reason I love this museum is because it has a great exhibit of Grandma Moses' pictures which is another of my loves.   Unfortunately, no photos can be taken so I just stand and soak up the pictures, smiling all the while.

But, I do love this car...it's longer than Lady J...

There are a lot of covered bridges in Vermont.   Here's one I visit frequently...


Finally, I went to see Sugarwoods Farm which is famous for cheddar cheese and maple syrup.   Getting there reminded me of the days I grew up in Minnesota.   Dirt roads, an old farmhouse with all the outbuildings and a real hay wagon.   The ladies were wrapping cheese...


MORE ON NEW BEGINNINGS...

I was reading (once again) the September portion of 'Simple Abundance:  A Daybook of Comfort and Joy' by Sarah Ban Breathnach.  It's interesting that she found in her research that September was the beginning of the new year in ancient times as well as now.   I hadn't thought about it, but turning over a new leaf - a new beginning - makes sense when you think about fall leaves and how they change.

Anyway, many folks think that September is the time to find out what you really want to begin, not what you feel you have to...like those New Year's resolutions to lose weight or exercise more (Opps, again!   I did add those.)

It was comforting to realize that all these years when I thought about new beginnings in September, I wasn't the only one.

So, I guess I need to add another item to my list of things...traveling to New England!   So how about you, have you been thinking about those new beginnings that you really want to do?   Things that are for you.   Things that you really want to do.   I hope so.   Fall is a great time to celebrate 'YOU' and 'YOUR NEW BEGINNINGS'!

Thanks for dropping by...
By the way, I did exercise today...
And I worked on GIMP...
Talk to you tomorrow...