Monday, November 16, 2015

ANOTHER ORNAMENT IDEA - REALLY EASY!

Well, it's Monday once again.   A whole wonderful week is before us.   I hope you had a great weekend.   I certainly did including enjoying some great football games as well as another fantastic meeting of the Empire Quilt Guild.

So, I was working my way through the blogs that I follow when I spotted a neat idea for another easy holiday ornament.   The blog, Busy As Can Be, had a post on easy coasters.   Check it out here.   But as I was looking at it, my thoughts went to ornaments.   And how easy it would be to make it smaller, add some decorations and hang it on a tree.

So here are my first two samples...

The top is done with a hexagon that is just shy of three inches across (at it's longest point) and the bottom one is done with a three and a half inch hexagon.

First you need to cut seven hexagons for each ornament.   Fold six in half...

The seventh is the back.   Place it right side up...

Then add the other six folded hexagons as shown with the last two tucked under...






Straighten the pieces so the edges line up.   I used a pin in each section.  Then sew completely around using about a quarter inch seam allowance.   I trimmed the edges including the points.   Finally, turn it inside out.   That seemed a bit odd at first and a little difficult, but once I got the idea, it was a snap.

I used a pencil to poke out the corners.   Now all I have to add is some trim.   I am thinking about a small tassel with a small bell and maybe something in the center.   It's easy, fun and really looks nice.

So what are you up to today?   Making plans or relaxing?   I hope you are having a great evening and relaxing doing whatever you enjoy doing...creating, reading, playing with your kids (grandkids), watching tv, or napping.  

Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you tomorrow...