Friday, January 22, 2016

JONAS HAS ARRIVED


Somewhat!   There's wind.  Cold temperatures.  A taste of snow.   The forecast for the nor'easter has been all over the place for New York City from amounts of snow to arrival times.   Since it is already here, a couple hours earlier than forecast, I wonder if this will be a fast moving storm that will leave less snow than expected.

At any rate, the grocery store that I went to this morning was packed.   I went early and luckily found a parking spot right away.   Every cashier was open and they have tons of checkouts. When I finally got checked out and on the way back to the car, there were cars lined up all over the place waiting for parking spots.   Two for my spot alone!  I'm not sure which one won!

I am looking forward to snuggling down tomorrow and enjoying the day.   I think I will read a book, listen to the wind howl and watch the snow pile up.   I made some banana bread today, roasted a beautiful piece of beef with lots of root vegetables. cut up some strawberries, apples and oranges and have a soup going.   Think I am set for the weekend.

I hope wherever you are, things are going well.   If you are in the storm, be safe.

Thanks for dropping by...
Talk to you on Monday...