Thursday, February 18, 2016

NEW (TO ME) DISHES AND WIPS

Lady J and I did make it to the thrift store.   Unfortunately, they didn't want a lot of Christmas Items. Most thrift stores put seasonal stuff out all year but this one doesn't which is sad because they have always had lots of free shelf space for knick-knacks.

But, that aside, I did purchase several items.   No, not knick-knacks...dishes.   I have two sets of dishes, my everyday ones and a set of holiday dishes.   I use each about six months.   My everyday dishes, though, are very large and bulky and not really a favorite of mine.

So, when I saw these I decided to purchase them.  

The set includes:   four large plates, four small plates and four wide bowls.   The other items are four square bowls and five small bowls.   (I never have enough bowls, especially small ones!)  The items were either 79 cents or 99 cents each.   Less than $20 for the entire set.  

They will take about half the space of my other everyday dishes.   And since there were no cups and saucers, I will now be using my Scandinavian cups/saucers/mugs.   And that will free up space in my cupboard for my baking items.  It's a win-win situation all around.

After a full day out in bright sunlight, I have lots more energy tonight.  So I decided it might be time to work with some fabric.   When I pulled out my first drawer, I found some WIPs (works in progress)...

Do you have WIPs?   I really don't know any fabric artist who doesn't have a few WIPs stashed somewhere in their studio.   The problem is what to do with them?   Finish them?  Give them away? Throw them out?  Cut them up and reuse them?  Or simply put them back where you found them? When I decide what to do with mine, I'll let you know.

Tomorrow's another busy day for me...out and about...

Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you tomorrow...