Tuesday, February 2, 2016

RAMBLING AWAY...

Well, I did hoof it today.   I walked to the grocery store, the drug store, the office supply store and a few others. I picked up almost everything I needed.   It was absolutely beautiful outside.  The sun was shining, there was a light breeze and the temperatures were in the 50's.   A sweatshirt and fleece vest was all that was needed to stay warm.

It was a late night for me last night as I stayed up to keep tabs on the results of the Iowa Caucus.   I gave up at about 3:40am.   Believe it or not, though, I was up again fairly early this morning.   Surprised myself.

Today I did a lot of research on areoponics and how to make my own system here in the apartment. The supplies are simple.   I want to use a fogging system rather than a sprinkler system and the foggers are relatively cheap...actually really cheap, around $10.   Also, the grow lights are a lot less costly than they were a year or two ago.

I found several how-two videos on YouTube that gave me a couple different ways to construct the system.   I'll let you know how things work out.   First of all, I will be planting seeds to start the project.

You remember that I spent several years on the road with Lady J and Duchess.   Well, Duchess is parked at my oldest son's home in Utah and I don't think I will be traveling as much any more.   I do enjoy staying in one place.

However, I have really been taken with the whole tiny house movement.   Duchess had about 140 square feet.   I don't want anything that small.   But, my apartment is around 700 square feet and I find that too large.

I would love to find one with no less than 400 square feet that includes two lofts with stairs.   One for a bedroom and one for a studio each with a windowed dormer to give some more light and walking space.

On the main floor I would like a compact kitchen with apartment size stove (larger than a small rv stove) and refrigerator.   More kitchen space than I had in Duchess but not a lot more.   I would also like a 3/4 bathroom and nice living room area that would hold a loveseat and a couple rocking chairs.

Duchess was really built for recreation.  Tiny houses are built for living in just like a regular house. I am seriously considering a tiny house for my next adventure, but that's a few years away.

If you're not familiar with tiny houses, check out Pinterest or YouTube.   They come in all shapes and sizes.

Well, this has been a bit of a rambling post.
Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you tomorrow...