Monday, March 28, 2016

A CELEBRATION MEAL AND A TREE IN BLOOM

All I can say this evening is that I AM TIRED!   The past four days...from Friday through today have been one whirlwind of cooking, cleaning, celebrating and travel.   Travel?   Yes, travel!  How about you?   Did your weekend celebrations go well?  I hope all your festivities were full of happiness and joy with family and friends.

I managed to get the house cleaned, the laundry done and the Easter cooking done.   We had a few different things on our menu besides the usual.   Of course, there was ham...
and gravy...
Along with scalloped cheesy potatoes...
But then I made spinach pies...
along with the extra filling...
But, best of all, was kibby...
...and no it is not cooked.   It's raw lean beef with onions and bulgur.   Fantastic with olive oil!!!

Today, with all the rain, I drove down to Columbia, Maryland and back again.   Why?  To pick up a grandchild who will be spending the week with me.   The rain was really heavy at times on the way down.   But thankfully there wasn't any on the way back.  

What really surprised me is the amount of folks at the rest stops.   The first two I stopped at were totally packed.   We had to drive up and down to find a parking space.   Then a 30 minute wait for food and a 20 minute way at the gas pump!!!  

I have been at these stops at all the different seasons but this is the first time I have seen so many folks.   Low gas prices?  

After the trip, we went walking to pick up some groceries and a few other things.   Guess what I saw? Yep, a beautiful tree in bloom...


There's a new weekly journal prompt posted...an interesting idea...teach something new.

This week is going to be packed full of things to do from visiting Museums, to spending part of a day in the kitchen in the Bronx, to walking around lower Manhattan, to putting together puzzles and playing games.   In other words...lots of fun.

I hope your week is going to be as much fun as mine is...

Thanks for dropping by...
Talk to you tomorrow...