Thursday, April 7, 2016

YESTERDAY'S DELIVERY!!!

Well, today was not as forecast exactly.   It never reached the warm weather promised, but it did stay dark and somewhat wet.   Not the downpours promised.   It was cold enough to wear a jacket on my morning walk.   And cold enough to keep the windows closed and, of course, the heat was on.

So, here are three more tags.  I am catching up on posting the tag challenge art without overwhelming...

Now, as promised. yesterday's delivery.   A Big Shot...

Some dies...

And the results...

This is going to be fun.   I cut through five layers of fabric at once but realize that I can cut through many more.   One video I watched cut twelve layers.

I can see all sorts of uses for this little gadget.  (By the way, I have no connection with the company that makes the Big Shot.)   I can cut hexagons, squares, triangles, dresden plate forms, etc.  It can cut paper as well as fabric but fabric is what I am interested in.

I was looking at all the quilting dies and can't wait to use them.   Yes, I do know that one can cut all the patterns by hand, but it sure is hard on the hand/wrist especially if one has problems.  And time consuming!

Also, as I plan on doing some teaching, this will aid in putting together resources without spending anywhere as much time as I have in the past.

If you have a fabric cutting machine, you know what I am talking about.   If you're thinking about one, check with your local craft/quilt store to see if they have one to demonstrate.   For serious quilters, this is a fantastic tool.

Tomorrow's Friday, end of the week and alternate side day so Lady J will be getting some use...
How are your plans for the weekend coming along?   Exciting, I hope...
Thanks for stopping by...
Talk to you tomorrow...