Friday, November 18, 2016

HOLIDAY VILLAGES, CHRISTMAS PLANNING, CHRISTMAS TREE ORNAMENT VARIATION

Grant us the grace to change what is easy,
The courage to change what is difficult,
And the wisdom to see the need for both. 


HOLIDAY VILLAGES
i'm a bit late this evening, but I think I can finish this post before the magic hour arrives. I went to visit the Christmas Shops at Union Square. I think this is the first year that they are in solid structures and not tents.  

These shops are set up in several places around the city and they are so much fun to visit. The whole place is decorated with lights and fresh greens. And there are rows and rows of tiny shops, average about 12' square some smaller and a few larger.  

I have a couple pictures but there were so many folks that it was hard to get a photo without distinct faces (which I do not publish). I will try to visit earlier to see if there are fewer folks. The shops offer everything from jewelry, to decorations, to specialty foods, to scarfs and hats, to toys, to just about everything. 


The farmers market was also set up. The fresh herbal smell of these wreaths was wonderful...

And I loved this pile of radishes...

CHRISTMAS PLANNING
And since Christmas is the theme for today, check out Eliza Cross's post '9 Ways to Enjoy a Happy Simple Christmas. You can find it at her blog Happy Simple Living: The Art of Less.  You can find the post here.

And while you're thinking about it, check out the iTune app concerning planning for Christmas. You can check it out here.

CHRISTMAS TREE ORNAMENT VARIATION
Remember the felt Christmas Tree Ornament?

It's made out of a variety of size squares. Well, I found a site that had the tree but instead of felt, paper was used.

Check out Karin Krut's Blog 'According to.." to see a beautiful paper tree made basically the same way as the felt tree. You can see photos here.

Well, I see that I am going to miss the magic moment of midnight but not by much. I hope you have a great weekend planned, or one that let's you relax.

Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you on Monday...