Thursday, December 22, 2016

THURSDAY THOUGHTS


Well, the Bronx lunch did not happen today. Restaurant was closed! I did remember to move Lady J, though, to a Thursday Spot...after the time when Thursday spots were supposed to be vacated.

So tomorrow I will be going into Manhattan early first to Macy's to ride the wooden escalators and see the window display.  Then on to Time's Square and finally the Tree at Rock Center. Should be crowded and lots of fun.

It may be late, but I will try to post some of the pictures tomorrow night.

And then it will be Saturday, Christmas Eve. Lots of NFL games.

Dinner at my place. I finally have the menu fixed: English pea soup, Southern cornbread casserole, German potato salad and Swedish potato sausage. And for afterwards, rice pudding, cranberry pudding and best sauce and a variety of cookies. Sounds good to me, albeit a bit different from my normal Christmas Eve dinner.

So, let me ask you, are you taking care of yourself? Are you giving yourself a breather? I hope so. Remember, you really can't take care of family and friends if you don't take care of yourself. That's not being selfish, it's being practical. We all want to be there for our family and our friends, but if we are so exhausted ourselves, how can we be there for them. So, please not only take care of yourself, but make time to enjoy yourself during the holidays.

Thanks for dropping in...
Talk to you tomorrow (late)...