Monday, February 6, 2017

WEEKEND WONDERS GONE AWRY!!!


I love this photo of lower Manhattan. I took it from the Brooklyn Promenade which is a nice walk above the BQE.

So, my weekend wonders were somewhat of a bust...all, that is, but the Super Bowl food. The chicken wings weren't as hot as some folks wanted, but they were good just the same. The twice baked potatoes were a hit as were the sliders.

Before the game, we played Classic Nintendo games. We discovered that the old controllers were less responsive that the newer video game controllers so it took a bit to get used to...but fun just the same.

The small notebook definitely has presented a problem. The cover...
...worked out great.

The pages, however,...
...took some finessing. They kept popping lose from the spine. Because the pages were folded, I was able to fix that problem by winding two-strands of white embroidery floss from the spine to the inside of each folded page and securing. It worked out nicely and took very little time.

However, attaching the pages to the cover presented a problem. If I glued them on while the cover was flat, there was excess paper when I closed the book. When I glued the pages to the book when the cover was mostly closed, it would not lay flat when I opened the book.

What to do? What to do? You can imagine that I spent quite a bit of time working on this over the weekend, being frustrated at every turn.

What I have come up with now is to use no glue at all. I am going to sew fabric to both sides of the inside cover. I will sew each on three sides...
...leaving enough space in the open side (facing the inside) to slip the end sheet of the pages into each pocket. I will also create a decorative wire to go from the middle of the inside pages around the outside of the spine adding beads and bits of trim on the outside portion of the wire.

I haven't attempted this yet, that's on the agenda for tomorrow.

As for the round robin, well, I haven't thought of anything yet. Hope springs eternal because it has to be finished by Saturday.

And the fabric for my next workshop which I want to bond...well, it's still in my fabric stash. I hope my fabric will speak to me tomorrow so I can began that project also.

And, just to add a few more things on my plate, I decided to begin taking down the Christmas decorations today. The tree is naked. The ornaments are packed. The house is a mess. What more can I say...

I have to say that the Super Bowl game was really good. Falcons dominated the first half and the Patriots the second. The half-time show was absolutely excellent!

And the commercials...so many were aimed at Trump's unjust, unAmerican policies that it was really a breath of fresh air. The 84 Lumber site crashed as many wanted to see the end of the commercial. I finally made it to the site and was I impressed. Wow! If you haven't made your way to that site to see the end of the commercial, please do so. It's well worth it.

You know what, as I said before, there are challenging times ahead, but we won't have to go it alone. We are stronger together...thanks Hillary...

That's all for today folks...
Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you tomorrow...