Wednesday, March 22, 2017

WEATHER!?!, SOUTHWEST LANDSCAPE AND JOY EXCHANGE

WEATHER
What a difference a day makes. We went from a beautiful warm day with temperatures in the 60's to a cold, windy day with temperatures in the 30's. A warming trend is coming back, though, so it's all good...for now at least...and here...not so much in the political arena, though. What an absolute mess this administration has become...but that's all I'll say for now.

SOUTHWEST LANDSCAPE
I ran into a snag with my Southwest landscape. I tried cutting out an arch, I tried making one using 'rocks' including two different types. None of them worked. So I am a bit stumped as to how to proceed. I really wanted an arch but so far I haven't found a way. Stay tuned...

JOY EXCHANGE
I received my Joy Exchange gifts in the mail...all the way from 'The Republique Francaise!  Isn't that just great.  Here's what I received...


A beautiful card, the decorated heart has a magnet on the back and the small ATC card in the first picture. Then there is a bookmark and notebook in the second picture.

The notebook opens up...
What I especially liked was the cover, and original painted design on what I suspect is oilcloth. I remember oilcloth tablecloths that my grandma used daily. They lasted forever. I haven't seen real oilcloth in a long time. It would be fun to find out if there is an outlet here in the states. I would love to be able to use it in my creations.

Short post today.  It's been a bit hard on the eyes with both sinus problems and, more than likely, way too much reading.

Tomorrow is lunch in the Bronx if all goes well...
Have a great evening...
Talk to you tomorrow...