Tuesday, September 12, 2017

WHAT A VACATION!!!!

Well, it's been quite a while since my last post...not quite a month but several weeks have gone by. In all honesty, I wasn't planning on blogging much while on vacation in Park City, but neither did I expect my vacation to extend this long.  I just got back a couple days ago...

So let me explain the saga...at least part of it. Before I left, I put a new transmission in Lady J. Well, among the other things that went wrong, the transmission kept giving me problems. I had it fixed at a local garage in Park City. Hooked up Duchess and began the trip back home. About two hundred miles into the trip, same problem appeared so back to Park City.

Now I was thinking that I didn't quite trust Lady J to get me back and forth from New York City to Park City several times a year, especially hauling Duchess which had her own problems. So I decided to look at some vehicles.

I have always wanted a truck and used ones were a lot cheaper than a used Explorer. In the end, I got a 2014 Crew Cab F150 six cylinder ecoboost with twin turbos...this thing has a tork rating of 420 which means I can pull a lot more than Lady J whose tork rating was only 257. My truck also has more power than a regular eight cylinder. In other words, it's really nice. Check it out...

More than enough power to pull Duchess. However, she was also giving me problems. The regular maintenance I understood like new tires, repacking the wheel bearings, etc. First, the jack on the front of Duchess broke...okay, I can use my tire jack until I replace it. Then the rear scissors stabilizer bent. Again, something I can take care of later. But when I was hooking up Duchess to SnowWhite (the truck's name), the face plate that held the cotter pin broke. That was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. So Duchess is still in Park City. I hope to get it in November if I still have a place to store it.

I really did think that Lady J would be the last car I purchased.  Guess she had other ideas. By the way, my son who lives in Park City needed a car to run the kids around so he took Lady J. That is whenever she is fixed. Still at a garage and having problems with the transmission. At least there's no cost to me...yet!!!

I usually take I80 home but this time I took I70 home through the Rockies into Denver. It is a spectacular drive from sandy desert on the west side to lush green on the east side. I only managed to take one picture this time...
This was taken on the west side of the mountains. And even though the mountain looks large, it is much larger in real life.

It's already September 12th and I haven't even thought of much less done anything about getting the season of orange set up in my home. That's next on my agenda...but I think I will wait until tomorrow. Football has already begun and my Vikings are looking good.

I did make it to my quilt guild meeting this past Saturday...a good thing because I wound up in charge of a couple things that needed to get underway like the Holiday Charity gifts. And, of course, my favorite teaching  gig - Fun with Fabric Workshops. Lots of folks had show and tell. This was one of my favorites...

I know I would never have the patience to make this quilt but I do love to look at it!!!

Well, that's all for today. I promise to get The We're Still Kicking Quilters back on track.

Thanks for stopping by...
Talk to you later...