Wednesday, September 13, 2017

THE POWER OF NESTING


NESTING - 'A person's snug or secluded retreat or shelter. ' 'The urge to clean and organize.'

So, how many of you have ever felt the need for 'nesting'? I remember when my children were small, and we had a garden, the idea of 'bringing in' and getting ready for winter and school was highly motivating.

The thing is, I no longer have children getting ready for school and my days of gardening are gone (for the present - it's hard to do in an apartment) but I still feel the need to 'nest'. To draw in and organize. How about you?

My husband always teased me about my fall decorations by calling it 'the season of orange'! Well, orange is still my favorite color so my house is full of orange silk flowers and silk leaves, pumpkins, quilting landscapes, etc.

The season of orange is slowly taking shape. I thought I would finish it today but life intervened once again and took time away from decorating.  There's actually very little left to do, so I should finish it tomorrow.


It was a busy day today, beginning at 4am when my youngest son left on a flight to New Orleans and a long overdue vacation. And with a giant to do list, I never really let up until now. But now I have hit a wall and realize that I need rest...' Thus, a short blog...

Thanks for dropping by...
Talk to you later...