Tuesday, January 23, 2018

FUTURE, CHALLENGES & A FREE CLASS (BUT HURRY)


A taste of future blossoms. They almost look fake but believe me they aren't. I took them in Utah at the Utah Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point. If you're in Utah around Salt Lake City, you should take the time to visit Thanksgiving Point in the spring and summer. The vast array of flowers is amazing.

So, my Vikings didn't make it through their last game. I think the defense really just fizzled out. And the quarterback had a few unlucky breaks like being hit just as he was letting go of the football and it landing in the opposition teams' hands. But, hey, they got this far...just think how far they can go next year. Go Vikings!!!

Here are my weekend's challenges...


I am liking these challenges because they really do get my juices flowing. Still haven't quite got things straight on Pinterest...hopefully soon and I can point you to my boards.

I'm still working on my fabric collages and embroidery. Here's one piece so far...just a sample to see how they work together...

Remember how I was sharing the idea of going deep this year. Well, I follow a textile newsletter from the Textile Artist Organization (you can find the web site here). They have some really great articles.

They offered a free online course with four videos around 30 minutes each as well as workbook for each of the first three videos. Although the course was about embroidery, the actual ideas can easily be applied to many artistic ventures.

The first video is called Embracing limitations. The second is Systematic Experimentation and the third is Developing Your Visual Vocabulary. The fourth video is really a advertisement for the full online course by Ann Stone so I skipped through it.

You can find the videos here.  The drawback is that this free online class will be removed at 11:59pm UK time on January 31st so you don't have much time. 

What was interesting to me is that this matched up so well with the idea (and my words for the year) of searching deep. Embracing limitations rather than scattering all over. Etc. Anyway, you may enjoy checking it out as well as the rest of the articles on their website.  I loved their article on Sampling Successes, an idea that was also included in the free videos.

Hope all is well with you...
Thank you for following me and visiting my blog...
Talk with you tomorrow...