Monday, February 26, 2018

LIVING IN NOW, EMBROIDERY & A NEW LOOK AT SOMETHING I ONCE DISCARDED

Do you ever look, really look, at flowers? With such simple structures they present beautiful, complex, colorful creations that are awe inspiring. I have been leading each of my posts lately (with a photo of a flower which I have taken over the past half dozen years or so) to remind myself of the simple beauty of being present to what is before us.

Many times we all get caught up in the current chaos of our lives be it politically, financially or personally. We often forget that our lives are lived only in the present...moment by moment. And we all need to stop, take a deep breath and appreciate what is before us...a flower, a loved one, a cup of coffee or even ourselves.

So take a moment right now to see, really see and take in what is before you. A short moment of meditation, of relaxation, of being present to now. Even is what is before you is not great, remember that lives are lived moment by moment, and although we may always remember this moment if it is of great import, this moment will also pass as will the next, and the next, and the next...

I am over halfway done with adding edging and veins to my leaves and I love the way the light catches the thin gold thread and sparkles...

I have enjoyed embroidering with thread that I decided to try my hand at embroidering a tree in black thread. Check this out...
Here's a close-up of the tree...
I have to admit that there is an element of relaxation for me when I do this, especially with the thinner thread.

So, at one time I gave away a small kit of felting because it didn't appeal to up. It didn't, that is, until I discovered the possibility of creating beads. So, I have this small kit and have begun trying my hand at creating beads. My first one showed that it is possible...

But I realize that I need lots of practice. The tools are interesting. Leather covers for thumb and first finger rather than a sponge...
Make no mistake, the needles are sharp and have tiny sharp hooks that felt the wool...
So care is needed, but I think I could get into this type of bead making. Stay tuned...

Thanks for visiting today...
Talk with you later...