Wednesday, April 25, 2018

CHALLENGE UPDATES & MEMORIES

I remember taking this photo at Epcot Center at DisneyWorld in Florida several years ago. I was totally smitten by the blooming trees (albeit sneezing a lot!!!)

So, today I finished photographing last week's challenges and posting them to the relevant places. I don't always follow the theme for the tags which is okay. The Project 365 Something has no real theme other than the creator's choice. I decided to photograph them in one picture this time instead of two or three. Not sure if I like it or not. Here are the tags...

And here are the Project 365 Somethings...

I do have a Pinterest Board with this year's challenges and I photograph both challenges together for each day. That way I can get a feeling of how things are going when I look back. Some days are 'slap it together and get on with it' and some days are more thoughtful and complex.

So, today it has been dark, cloudy and raining...and a bit chilly. I was writing in my morning pages (Do any of you write morning pages?) that this was the kind of day that I loved to be at my grandma's home in Oglivie, Minnesota, sitting on the swing on her front porch, listening to the rain and reading a book or looking through a magazine.

I can remember being wrapped up in a quilt (which she made), swinging back and forth, sipping some tea and eating 'finger' sandwiches. Before you get too grossed out, she would cut them in long pieces and separate them so that my fingers could pick them up instead of the whole piece of bread.
Actually, this was her go to remedy to help someone who was sick or sad. Makes me smile when I think of it...such a simple way to show love and compassion for someone hurting.

Sometimes the simplest ways are the best...I know that there were times when I went to great lengths to show that compassion which, in the end, would have been much better if I had just simply been there, maybe with a cup of tea and some finger sandwiches!!!

Thanks for dropping in today...
I look forward to talking with you tomorrow...