Thursday, April 19, 2018

MELISSA SQUARED & FABRIC PAINTED PROJECT


Last night was just great. The bartender definitely knew how to mix a great drink. I loved listening  Melissa Squared (Both woman are named Melissa!)

So today was kind of a non-scheduled day...I guess that's a nice way of saying that I haven't done most of the items I normally do like yoga, morning pages (the first time I miss doing them since I began).

I did work on my fabric painting. Remember this is where it was a couple days ago...

This is what I added again using stick glue...

I wanted to see the balance of light and dark. If you have a cell phone that can take pictures this is easy. Simply take a picture of your creation. Then in edit, choose color. All you have to do is go to the black and white (or grey scale) to see how things balance out. Check this out...

The first thing I saw was that it was top heavy with darks. Solution? Flip it like this...

Now, the top heavy darkness has turned into a solid base. This technique is really good when you want to judge the dark/light compositions of quilt blocks. And when you're done, you can simply delete the photo.

In the next photo you can see how the base anchors the creation. Now, the next step was to use a finish product to seal but I had none so I decided that the only way I could finish it was to use tulle and stitch it. This picture is one with the tulle applied.

I attached the tulle with a meandering stitch using gold thread but for some reason I had to sew slowly or else the thread broke so the stitches were not as smooth and free flowing as normal. Here's a close-up...

And here it is...

That's all for tonight...
Thanks for dropping in...
Talk with you tomorrow...