Monday, April 16, 2018

TREE FINALLY BLOOMED



Guess what? The tree finally bloomed. The top photo was taken in the afternoon when it was sunny and the bottom photo was taken more or less in the shade. Either way, the tree was in full bloom and very beautiful.

I also took a couple more photos on the same walk...


So the two days of warm weather brought out the flowers. However, we had a lot...A LOT...of rain last night and today, even some thunder, and it has turned quite cold. But I think I would take this weather rather than the couple feet of snow that the midwest had...especially Minnesota!

So, on Saturday, on my way to teach the focus group at Empire Quilters, there were some problems with the N train, so it ran on the R train track. Well, you can imagine what that did to my schedule. I was around 45 minutes late, but everyone waited for me and I got the folks on track to have fun with Jude Hill's technique.

And, May's focus group will be 'painting with fabric' much in the Ellen Linder's technique, but not quite.

On the way home, right next to the Fashion Institute at 28th and 7th, I got to know the sidewalk up close and personal!!! Thanks to a group of 30 somethings who helped me up, things were okay. I hope I told them thank you. I was so surprised that I may not have...so, if anyone reading this blog helped a little old lady get up right next to the subway entrance last Saturday...THANK YOU! And, I am fine, not even any aches today!!!

Well, today was tax day, so my time was spent gathering information, filling out my tax forms both federal and state, e-filing and even paying the state (Yes, I did owe money to the state!).  But that little chore is once again done for the year!!!

Now I need to get some household chores done, like cleaning kitty litter, vacuuming and making supper. I did some hand washing (clothes) this morning and they are already hung up to dry.

Tomorrow...creative projects only...I hope! Well, that and looking into linking instragram to my blog. And collecting things for the teacup/mug exchange. And getting things made for the Holiday Charity with Empire Quilter's. And...well, you get the idea...

Thanks for visiting...
Talk with you tomorrow...