Thursday, July 19, 2018

ANOTHER BEACH SCENE


The heatwave broke today...a whole day earlier than forecast. I have turned off the ac, opened up the windows and let fresh air in. The humidity is even a lower.  Guess what, I have more energy. And I have been working on my beach scenes.

I added some wool roving to beach scene number three..



The roving has added clouds, wave action and a more variation in the beach. The overall effect is soft and gentle. I am now thinking about adding thread work next. I could emphasize ocean waves, outline clouds and contour the sand.

I also began beach scene four.  This one is much smaller than the other scenes...only 6 by 11 inches.

I am using the same fabrics than the others for the most part. In this case, I am hand stitching the raw edge pieces together with a blanket stitch...

Well, I have to say that it is nice to have some more energy. I guess I just have to accept the fact that the weather (hot and humid) really does bother me...Oh well, life still does go on...

Thanks for dropping by...
Talk with you tomorrow...