Tuesday, December 18, 2018

THINGS DONE...TIME TO RELAX...

This basket represents the last of my presents wrapped....yaaaaa!  Not only that, I have wrapped, boxed AND mailed all the presents off. Another big yaaaaa!

I dropped off the remaining filled stockings, drawstring bags and backsacks at two different places yesterday.  One in Manhattan and one in Queens.  SnowWhite (which has a crew cab - meaning large) was stuffed floor almost to ceiling, back and front except where I sat.  I was a bit concerned that I might be stopped by a policeperson, but luckily, I wasn't.

And the party on Saturday was a success. They loved singing the three holiday songs like Jingle Bells but with quilting lyrics, the quilting skit and even the game.  And everyone enjoyed getting the snowflakes and fabric bookmarks.

Today, after I finished my wrapping and mailing, I spent the rest of the day sorting the mess that is my studio.  It's getting there but slowly.  I had snowflakes left over and decided to decorate...
Because of overtime, we haven't got a tree. So on the way home yesterday, I picked up an artificial one. And that is tomorrow's activity.  Getting the tree up, lights on in time to decorate tomorrow evening while watching a movie.

That means the house will be  done and all that's left is some baking...I bet you can guess what I will be doing Thursday and Friday.  Not quite a storm, but the oven will be running most of the day. 

But with the pressure off, I am going to take my time and enjoy baking. I won't have to bake several batches of each of the cookies, only one...well maybe two of a couple recipes.

I hope all of your are enjoying your holiday preparations...
Thanks for visiting...
Talk with you tomorrow...