Tuesday, January 29, 2019

SNOW! SNOW! SNOW!


I was bound and determined to get out of the house today, snow or no snow...there was snow.  And although it was supposed to turn to rain, the forecast has changed and we are getting all snow.  Wonder what 2 inches of rain makes when it's snow???

So, this was just to get out of the house and enjoy myself.  I didn't make it to either Goodwill because of the weather.  I also didn't get to Habitat for Humanity Restore, same reason.  All three of those stores are further than the stores I did visit.  First, I did get to Barnes and Noble where I picked up three magazines.

Speaking of magazines, are you familiar with 'Breathe'?  It's a UK magazine and costs about $15 an issue.  But, each issue deals with specific things like Happiness or Taking Time for Yourself.  It's one of the few magazines I still purchase.  First of all, there are no ads, and it's printed on heavy paper. Quite frankly, a joy to read and think about...the articles are well written.  (Note: I have no connection with this magazine at all...I just enjoy reading it.)

Then I went to Michaels which was in the same complex that Barnes and Noble.  I picked up some more embroidery floss.  I am running low on some colors.  I then just walked around the store to see if there was anything that caught my eye.  Nothing new, just some supplies that I ran out of like stick glue and a rotary blade (Boy, those are expensive.).

Finally, I hit a grocery store and by this time the snow had really stacked up and the roads, especially the parking lots were slippery.  By the time I finished, there was a couple inches of snow on SnowWhite!

I got home and managed to unload everything.  Then I shoveled the area outside the door...it's covered once again.

I picked up some cabbage and kielbasa sausage for a home hearty meal of steamed cabbage, potatoes and sausage.

We just had a fire outside in the snow...what fun...check out these pictures from our yard...



Well, the deep freeze hits here tomorrow...
Hope everyone is surviving...
Talk with you tomorrow...
Thanks for visiting...