Wednesday, January 30, 2019

POLAR VORTEX AND CHICKEN POT PIE


Remember the photos from yesterday taken at night...well, these are the trees during the day. 

We wound up with more snow...

It was really beautiful when it stopped snowing.  No rain, by the way. 

And then this afternoon it began snowing again along with heavy winds.  Probably blowing in the polar vortex...

I packed several more boxes of Christmas decorations.  I have one more large carton that contains my large Santas and then I will work on the tree...

I took out a couple chicken breasts today but realized that wasn't enough to feed both the boys as well as me, so after looking around the internet for recipes, I decided to make a chicken pot pie...including the crust.  Let me tell you, I haven't made a pie crust in years.

Here's the filling of potatoes, carrots, onions, peas and chicken...

And here's the pie in a very deep, large pie glass pan before and after baking.  Doesn't look great but it tasted wonderful...and very filling.  I will get eight servings it is so big and high and filling!


The wind is up and the temps are down.  We are going to have a very cold night or two.  Reminds me of when I lived in Minnesota.  The kicker is that it will be in the high fifties in a couple days...gotta love this global warming.

How was your day?  I hope it was filled with things you wanted to do.  If not, carve out some time for yourself.

Thanks for dropping by...
Talk with you tomorrow