Tuesday, February 12, 2019

WHICH CRAFTS TO BRING ON MY VACATION...

Well, the snow storm has left about five inches of snow so far.  I went out and shoveled early while the snow was light and fluffy which was a good move because while I was shoveling out the driveway, the snow turned to ice.  And it is still 'raining' ice.  Not fun.  Roads are going to be dangerous this evening because this stuff is forecast to fall for the next eight hours.

Just went out to check to see if the latest pass of the snowplow left a high mound at the entrance of the driveway.  Thank goodness it didn't.  But it did something else...broke the mailbox off the post.  Actually broke the post in half.  Our landlord is dealing with it thank goodness.

So, yesterday got away from me, especially last night, which is when I usually write my blog.  But I am working on what crafts to take with me for my vacation.  Crafts?  Not clothes?  You can see which is important to me.

I am leaving on Thursday, driving to Florida, stopping at my daughter's place for Thursday evening. And continuing on to Orlando arriving Saturday.  I know that during the week that I will be there, four days fully scheduled but two days are going to be spent at the resort motel so I will need something to do.

Then, if all works out I will be driving to Mobile to visit relatives for about a week.  And I want to have things to do while there...thus which crafts to bring.

I have decided that I will be working on the felt pins that I have been making which includes embroidery thread, felt and beads plus general supplies of needles, pins, scissors.  Here's one which needs beadwork (Not sure that I like this one yet.)...

I have also been having fun with felting pins, so in addition I will be bringing a small bag of wool roving plus the equipment (very small).  Check these out (still need a lot of work)...



Okay, that's not too much so I have added some of the small fabric landscape pieces which are all hand sewn but not finished yet.  Again, very little room.

I found a really neat, cute and simple crochet heart which I wanted to try. So I will add in one skein of yarn plus my hooks.  And finally, since I love to work with pen and ink...actually, gel pens...I have assembled a small selection of those resources to bring...all of which fit into a small zipper bag.

As a matter of fact, I assembled one for the grandchildren to use if wanted.  It includes colored pencils, markers and gel pens...
Plus a couple tablets...
And it all fits in a small zipper bag...

I guess maybe I should at least take a look at the clothes I need to pack.  Winter for the trip, summer while there...

Hope all of you are enjoying your weather - rain or snow or ice or whatever...
Talk with you tomorrow...