Tuesday, May 7, 2019

SOUTHWEST LANDSCAPE ALMOST FINISHED...

I took this last Saturday and when I looked at all the photos, this one really stood out.

So, this morning I was in jeans and a sweatshirt and believe me, I was cold in my studio.  I worked all morning getting out emails to the guild and handling lots of this and that.  I knew I had to run some errands so I gathered everything and went out.

Imagine my surprise when I realized it was not cold.  As a matter of fact, my sweatshirt was a bit hot. But I ran my errands including taking SnowWhite to the garage.  She has developed a squeak of sorts, not often, not regular except it never happens when the brakes are depressed.  I have been having problems getting my emergency brake light to actually go off.  They think I need a new cable.  The appointment is for Thursday.

The ATC prompt this morning was 'make a mark and go for it'.  This is what I created...

So this is the Southwest Landscape Number whatever.  I think I like this one best...
The coloring is not quite right.  The lighter color in front of the arch is a bit darker and the sky is not as dark.  I think this will stand.  Everything except the bottom 'sand' area has been sewn on (by hand). I will be adding more to the forefront area.  Not much but slivers of lighter fabric and maybe a cactus or two.  Still debating on that.

Once that is done, I have to figure out how to quilt it!  Remember, I still have another quilt piece to do...this one with cats.  Let's see...how many hours are there in a day...?

Thanks for dropping by...
See you tomorrow...