Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Tulip Blocks...

It's about time for the azaleas to pop out.  Not here, of course, but in our southern states.

The temperature here was one degree shy of 70 and tomorrow and the next day are supposed to be warmer!!!

So I was looking for a project to do for the guild newsletter and I settled on a tulip block which I drew up myself.  Although, I am sure that there are tons just like it out there in the ethernet...

So, here' what I drew...

From this I cut the blocks (3 inches square) needed including the half square triangles.  I also sewed, cut and trimmed the half square triangles.  If you're not sure about the half square triangles, google them.  You will save a lot of time.  Anyway, here's what it looks like laid out...
Finally, here's what it looks like after I made the first block...
It needs a good pressing.  I am going to make four of the and maybe have the stem part meet in the center.  Three more blocks to go, but the pieces are all cut out and ready to go including the half square triangles.

It was nice enough to have the doors open and get some fresh air in the house.  I decided to vacuum and dust the main rooms.  Even made dinner which is in the oven.  Scalloped potatoes using my mom's old recipe and meatballs using my grandma's recipe.   Hope they taste just as good.

See you tomorrow...have a nice evening...