Friday, March 12, 2021

Tulip Project Almost Finished...

Today is absolutely beautiful...and the yard is free of snow!!!

Going to get the rest of the lumber I need for Duchess so I can start bright and early next week.

I should be able to finish the tulip project this weekend.  I sewed the four blocks together and have begun quilting.

For the green part I outlined the pattern as shown,,,


For the tulips I did a similar outline design...


My question is this:  How do I quilt the background?  I don't think I want to do an in-the- ditch quilt stitch but neither do I want to do a design similar to the tulips or stems (green part).  I am leaning towards doing a meandering quilting stitch or I could do an outline stitch following the design in the background fabric.

I did, by the way, add a very low level batting to the project and with the tight quilting, it will be fine to use as a centerpiece tablecloth.

I am watching season 8 of Last of the Summer Wine.  After that, I will have to search for the episodes.  I watched 2 seasons of mystery show on BritBox called Mallorca Files.  Very different and very good.

I finished reading An Invitation To Murder: An Amateur Sleuth Murder Mystery by A.G.Barnett.  I enjoyed it far more than I thought I would.  The beginning was a bit off putting to me but it really picked up rather well and I hope to read more book by the author.

Well, that's it for today...

Have a wonderful weekend...

See you on Monday...