Monday, August 23, 2021

WET WEEKEND...


Well, I wasn't sure if I would be able to post today due to Henri.  I did not lose electricity, but I did lose cable and internet...however, they were back on board mid morning!

We didn't have much wind, but rain...my goodness it simply poured at times.  And the fact that the jet stream lassoed Henri and brought the storm westward was definitely weird.  The 'eye' was over Poughkeepsie, New York which is on the east side of the Hudson River about forty miles north of here yesterday.  

I think a lot of New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut and the Philadelphia area got simply drenched.  Wish we could figure out a way to export some of this water to the west where they are in desperate need.  We saw reservoirs that were totally dry!

So this summer's vacation turned out to be expensive...probably maintenance...but still expensive.  Duchess broke down in Minnesota and needed two complete axles to the tune of $2,000!  I was contemplating purchasing another trailer, but this expense closed that option.  I will continue to remodel it.  As a matter of fact, I saw a fold-up shower which I really love.  It would give me lots of storage area in the bathroom even though it is very small.

I am looking forward to the fall and the beginning of more organized and routine life.  One son, a teacher, will be returning to the classroom after Labor Day.  The other son's return to in-person office was postponed until the middle of October.  I also hope to be able to visit some our fall festivals this year...I really missed them last year.

I hope all is well with you folks.  And I am happy to be back to posting on the blog on a regular basis...

Talk to you tomorrow...