Thursday, October 7, 2021

Christmas Shopping Soon...


One of the things that I plan on doing this weekend is to visit a farm and enjoy getting lost in the corn maze, picking a pumpkin and shopping at their fresh produce market...maybe even picking some apples.  I hope that it doesn't rain...it is dark, cloudy, foggy and misty.  And it looks like that is what the weather is going to be the next ten days.  There is actually mold on the outside of the house!!!

So, I wound up doing some Christmas shopping yesterday, as I said.  Interestingly, this morning folks were suggesting that we do our Christmas Shopping now because they are not sure when the backlog of ships sitting in different harbors will be able to be unloaded and merchandise transported to wherever.  I hope sooner rather than later.  

For instance, I went to the store to pick up some regular tea...and the shelves were empty.  I managed to snag the last two small boxes of regular green tea but all the brands of regular tea were gone.  And I like to begin my day with a nice cup of hot tea with creamer and sugar.

I did see lots of Halloween costumes out at the local big box store...and outside Christmas Decorations were being set up but one of the hosts on a cable show talked about how few artificial Christmas Trees were going to be available.  Kind of like 'chips' (not the kind we eat, but the electronic type)!  Production is so far behind that even new vehicles are hard to purchase!

Another by product of the pandemic which keeps on giving...

Enjoy your day...talk with you tomorrow...