Thursday, January 13, 2022

January 13: Daily Routines

Another tree...this one heavy laden with snow bowing it's branches but not breaking them.  I would love to say that this is around here, but, unfortunately, no.   There still is a thin layer of snow on the ground.  The type that crunches when you walk on it.  But the high today is in the mid 40's so I expect it to be gone by the end of the day.

So, did you try a different routine yesterday? Did it work?  Do you need to tweak it or scrap it and try another routine?  Remember, it's all about what fits your situation, not your friends, or neighbors, or even your family.  It's about you.  Yes, there are things that need to be done, but make sure to find the time for the things you want to do.

For me, the morning routine has to include feeding the pets.  I also like to make my bed rather than leave it a mess...but that's me, maybe you don't need to take a few minutes to do that.  Then there's medicine or supplements to be taken.  And how about that first cup of coffee?  Or tea?  

Is there anything that you can eliminate from your daily routine?  Or perhaps set a time limit?  How about social media?  Or your emails?  I don't visit social media unless I am looking for something specific.  For instance, many quilters are on facebook only so I do visit their sites if I am looking for something.  I also read some blogs daily.  I have noticed, though, that the ones I visit now are not the same ones I visited, oh, say a couple years ago.  So things change including your routine.  

Maybe your routine changes from day to day.  I know that my routine on the weekdays is much different that my routine on the weekends.  Routines are not set in stone.  So find what works for you that includes you.

Tomorrow, we will look at some ways that journaling can help with your routines...

Talk to you tomorrow...