Monday, January 3, 2022

January 3: Setting goals


Nope!  This isn't a picture from today.  It's cold here...in the 30's from a high of mid 50's yesterday but no snow.  So how is the New Year shaping up for you?  I hope well and with optimism.  

I am going to try something new for the first quarter of this year.  Each month will bring a new word to think about.  I found that the word for the year eventually got lost.  Each week will bring a new theme to focus on.  And each weekday will bring a new thought to consider during the day.  

Also, the craft for the week will be described on the side with possible instructions.  Sometime during the week, more likely toward the end, the craft will be the focus.

Not sure how this will work out, but I am excited to try.

So, this week I want to focus on goals.  I don't know about you, but I am not great with resolutions.  They seem to fade out within a few short weeks.  However, I do like setting goals.  

To start out thinking about what goals you would like to set, consider how the past year went.  What was good?  What did you enjoy? What was less than great?  What went totally crosswise?  Most of all, what lessons did you learn from these experiences?  

By considering the past, you can build on what was great and take steps to turn around what wasn't so great.  Take some time today to think about last year and what goals you may want to set for this year.