Monday, April 29, 2024

I know it's been a few days since my last post but I have been busy with my son who had last week and two days this week off from teaching.  

We did a lot including getting dirt for the garden (Several trips with SnowWhite!). Most of the places I have lived had free top soil.  Not here!  At least it was on an excellent sale.

The raised gardens are filled and more posts have been added so we can hang the fence.  I have several plants ready to go out but I want to wait until the fence is up before I put them in containers outdoors.

The indoor vegetable garden is really blooming...lots of cucumbers and summer squash and the tomatoes have been pollinated...flowers galore.

For use in SnowWhite, I sewed a cover that held three very thin cushions.  I sewed the fabric together so it would go back and forth on both sides.  Then with the wrong sides out, I pinned the fabric to fit on the sides and sewed the seams with my sewing machine.  I hand sewed with double thread the back together.  Check it out..

I had fabric left over...they were in pieces...so I took a small box and covered it with the same fabric for use in SnowWhite to hold things like tissues, drinks, maps, etc.  I used a hot glue gun to attach the fabric and the twine at the top.  No sewing. Check this out...

I have been using very different muscles picking up and emptying dirt.  As well as walking a ton of steps so I haven't been doing my regular exercise routines until today.  I think I am back on a regular schedule.

Today, by the way, is hot.  We've had the highs in the 60's.  Today it is forecast to almost reach 90.  Way to hot.  The good news is work on the house has begun.  It's been power washed.  Now the scraping and filling in has begun.  This is going to take several weeks.  But it already looks much better.

That's it for now...talk with you later...